Thursday, April 18, 2013

Have you tried coconut butter?


I have recently discovered coconut butter, and it is a food of the Gods. Truly really.

If you like coconut that is, like I do. If not then meh, maybe not so much.


Ha, doesn't look like much, does it? 

This is freshly made in my thermomix, which of course is good for 101 things. And probably more.
Coconut butter can be made in a food processor or blender too.

The 'butter' firms up after a while, here it is still quite liquid.

Once it's firm, scoop it out with a spoon and eat it. Just like that. Apparently you can use it to bake and cook with but this is the second lot I've made and I don't get round to cooking with it before I've eaten the lot.

And all you have to do to make it is throw some coconut in your blender, food processor or thermomix and let it whiz round for long enough to turn it into a liquid. Done.

Long enough in a food processor is purported to be anywhere from 15-20 minutes but in a thermomix or high powered blender it takes less than half that time.

AND you can make CHOCOLATE coconut butter by mixing in some cocoa. 

See? Food of the Gods I tell ya!

Now, that really is all it takes to make it, but if you want a step by step with accompanying visuals, I've written it up here.


2 comments:

MedicatedMoo said...

....what if you don't have a thermomix? :(

Cat J B said...

A decent blender or food processor will do the same as a thermomix, a food processor will take longer though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...