Friday, June 17, 2011

Life goes on

Another few days spent making stuff, more baking and cooking going on though that's calming down a bit.

My six year old's teacher had her last day teaching yesterday, before she's on maternity leave. Her baby is due six weeks before mine was.
I had bought this fabric to make a baby blanket gift for her a while before we found out about our baby, though I didn't get round to sewing it up right away. After our baby was born, at first I thought I wouldn't sew it up, but then it seemed okay to do.

So I did.

With a few tears, admittedly.

Because it seems like something I should be doing for our baby.





I made these too, to bring on her last day. She has been a lovely teacher and given Mr 6 a great introduction to school.


Life goes on.



6 comments:

Cadi said...

Beautiful gift.
Hugs to you. I wish I could say something to make it better. Really. Alas. Hugs to you!

Michelle said...

Just getting caught up again on your blog. This journey after child loss is awful, there is nothing like it and nothing anyone can say, even if they have been there. It's been 9 years as of 2 days ago since I lost Arin and that poem you posted still resonates with me. Mine was a miscarriage as opposed to a stillbirth, but to me it's all one big huge grief, no matter how pregnant you got. You are attached and bonding begins the second you see that positive pregnancy test. Having 2 other children doesn't stop your grief and if anything increases it because you KNOW what you lost out on. Don't let anyone try to say dumb things to you. One dear friend who lost her husband almost 2 years ago at the age of 37 said it perfect. When someone who told her "aren't you supposed to be over that by now" she said "You know, I'm pretty sure that is covered in the book I'm reading under the chapter "Stupid things people will say in ignorance". Ha! There is no timeline, but your grief will change and morph into different things and it won't all be so raw. Much love and hugs blogger buddy from another continent!

Charlotte Scott said...

It's beautiful Cat, and I'm sure it will extra special to her. xx

Stacy said...

I am heartbroken for you. I'm sorry I din't see this - I had stepped away from blogging for awhile and never expected to see this when I came back.

My heart hurts for you. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stacy

Zaira said...

that's a gorgeous blanket! I am sure it will be cherished; our son was given one before he was born and at 3 it is the one most important 'lovey' he has.

I would love to know what kind of cupcakes/muffins those are ;)

em + woz said...

Hi lovely,

Just wanted you to know that you've been in my thoughts.

Em

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...