Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A sheepish labrador

Hehe, I am house/kid/dog sitting for ten days, with my two kids in tow as well. Right now, the older three kids are at school and my two are parked in front of the tv for a bit.

Well, a storm just came over, thunder, lightening and all. And the big, soppy, chocolate brown labrador has suddenly cuddled himself up at my feet as I sit here at the computer. I was in the kitchen and he sidled over there, looked at me mournfully (maybe it was sheepishly) and flopped down alongside some kitchen cupboards. As soon as I moved to the study, he upped sticks and came too.

I think this big, cuddly lab is afraid of the storm.

How cute!

3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Awwwww..... I was at a fancy schmancy lunch for 'Women in Leadership' (not sure I lead, but that's a future blog) and the storm hit suddenly, just as a guest speaker asked us, 'So do you need to reprioritise what's important in your life?'

It added extra drama and humour to her talk but I have to admit that I hoped that Milly wouldn't be too scared whilst waiting for me at home....

Sue from Ky. said...

We had a big dog for 20 years, (the best dog we've ever had) that was afraid of storms and guns.Otherwise, she was excellent at guarding our property.We now have a house dog, that is afraid of storms.I guess dogs are like people. Some are frightened easily,and some are not.Sarah,our house dog,will stick to you like glue,during a storm.

Cat J B said...

Hehe, it's obviously not just this doggie here then, although the other one didn't appear to turn a hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...